- New higher spec Philips 8807 DLED TV follows The One concept – as the ideal set for the consumer who isn’t familiar with the jargon but equally doesn’t want to buy the wrong product that will quickly get left behind.
- Immersive viewing experience guaranteed by the unique three-sided Ambilight system – typically the most popular feature for Performance Series customers.
- In addition, features new to the 2022 Performance series:
- Philips 8807 TV guarantees excellent picture quality through the combination of the 5th Gen P5 picture processing engine with a high-quality, WCG, 120Hz LCD panel.
- Ideal for the latest console gamers with HDMI 2.1 E-Arc, 4K 120Hz VRR support plus Freesync™ Premium compatibility.
- New on-screen Game Bar feature.
- High quality sound system with Dolby Atmos.
TV’s sound system can act as a dedicated centre channel speaker with DTS-Play-Fi technology allows easy wireless AV system building.
- Available in 43”, 50” 55” 65”, 75” screen sizes plus – for the first time in the Philips TV range – an 86” model.
TP Vision will refresh its hugely successful Philips Performance Series in 2022 with the introduction of a new higher performance Philips 8807 Ambilight TV plus a new multi-featured Philips B8507 3.1 Dolby Atmos soundbar.
The launch of the new TV & soundbar continues the extremely popular ‘The One’ message to clearly identify Performance Series products as offering the similar performance, European design and quality – plus key features – of a premium model but at a mid-range, ultra-competitive price.
In a potentially confusing, noisy marketplace, the Performance Series is The One that has everything you need – nothing more & nothing less.
The Performance Series will be available in a wide range of screen sizes that will include Philips TV’s largest set to date with the introduction of an 86” version.
Whichever screen size is selected, excellent picture quality is guaranteed thanks to the combination of Philips 5th Gen P5 processing suite with a high-quality, wide colour gamut, 120Hz LCD panel.
HDR support is generous and includes HLG, Dolby Vision and HDR10+ compatibility.
The TV has a minimalist, stylish design featuring a super-slim silver bezel on the sides and top to allow a more direct connection to the three-sided Ambilight system to ensure a truly immersive viewing experience – with Ambilight continuing to receive an exceptionally high customer satisfaction rating from Performance Series customers.
The lower edge of the set features a very narrow and elegant silver bezel to compliment the slim, angled central stand for the 43” to 65” screen sizes while the 77” and 86” models feature silver ‘sticks’ feet.
Performance for gamers is also excellent thanks the inclusion of HDMI 2.1capability including: e-ARC, VRR support for 4K from 48Hz to 120Hz at a full bandwidth of 48Gbps, plus FreeSync™ Premium compatibility and Auto-Low-Latency mode.
Input lag is just 9ms while a new on-screen Game bar gives quick access to picture and sound settings via a simplified menu that allows game settings to be quickly checked or adjusted while gaming. Gamers can also easily enable VRR and AMD FreeSync™.
Sound quality is very good with twin down firing speakers and 20W system power.
The TV is also part of the Philips Home Wireless system – powered by DTS Play-fi technology – to help create a premium – App controlled – whole-home, high-resolution audio streaming platform with easy wireless connection between compatible TVs, mobile devices, sound bars, and speakers, located throughout the home.
While The One Soundbar offers an easy all-round audio upgrade the Philips Home Wireless system offers consumers the flexibility to pick the product combination that most suits their needs and even add additional products later.
So, the addition of a pair of speakers would add great stereo for music while giving more impact to movies. Alternatively, a new update for 2022 gives the option to allow the TV to become a dedicated centre-channel and by adding extra speakers front and rear plus a wireless subwoofer consumers can create a full-on surround sound AV system with impact throughout the room and with deep controlled bass.