With the world’s leading internet TV service now live in more than 190 countries TP Vision confirms Netflix App availability has been extended to all Philips Smart TV and Philips Android TV™ models!
Amsterdam, January 20, 2016 – On January 6, during CES in Las Vegas, Netflix’s Co-founder and Chief Executive Reed Hastings confirmed that its service had launched globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world.
TP Vision has also announced that the Netflix streaming service is now available on all current and past, 2013 models and beyond, Philips Smart TV models and all Philips Android TV™ sets in all countries in which the company markets Philips TVs.
How do customers of the newly supported Netflix countries find/install their Netflix app?
On Linux based (non-Android) Philips Smart TVs:
As soon as the app is available, the customer will receive an app notification, displayed on screen the next time the Smart TV portal is launched. The app can then be easily installed by following the app notification and on-screen instructions.
If the customer ignores the app notification, the app can be easily installed via the app gallery.
On 2014 -2016 Android EU TVs:
The app can be easily installed via the app gallery.
The app will appear as an installed application or can be installed from the app gallery.
The Netflix application is available now on all of these Philips TV models:
Supported Smart TV models:
Linux (non-Android) based Smart TVs:
- 2012 MTK Latam TVs: 5007 upto 7007 models
- 2013 MTK EU TVs: 3208 upto 5038 models
- 2013 MTK Latam TVs: 35×8, 4508, 4908, 5×08, 7008 and 8008 models
- 2013 MTK AP TVs: 4208, 5008 models
- 2013 Fusion AP TVs: 6008 and 8008 models
- 2013 Fusion R3 EU TVs: 6008 upto 9xx8 models
- 2014 MTK EU TVs: 4509 upto 7809 models
- 2014 MTK Latam TVs: 5109 upto 7459 models
- 2014 MTK AP TVs: 6509 upto 8609 models
- 2015 MTK EU TVs: 5300 models
- 2015 MTK Latam TVs: 5100, 6110, 6300 models
- 2015 MTK AP TVs: 5300, 6909, 8509 models
Android based Smart TVs:
- 2014 Android EU TVs: 7909 upto 9809 models
- 2015 Android EU TVs: 5500, 6400, 65×0, all 7xx0 and 8700 models
- 2015 Android Latam TVs: 6700, 7100 models
- 2015 Android AP TVs: 5500, 6200, 6800 models
- 2016 MTK Android EU TVs: 8601 and 8901 models
About TP Vision
TP Vision is a dedicated TV player in the world of visual digital entertainment. TP Vision concentrates on developing, manufacturing and marketing Philips branded TV sets in Europe, Russia, Middle East, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and selected countries in Asia-Pacific. We do this by combining our design expertise and innovative Philips TV heritage with the operational excellence, flexibility and speed of TPV Technology. With these combined strengths, we bring high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. We believe in creating products that offer a superior TV experience for consumers. With Philips TVs, TP Vision is a global leader in the hospitality market. TP Vision is the exclusive brand licensee of Philips TVs for the above listed countries. The TV Company is 100% owned by TPV, one of the world’s leading monitor and LCD TV manufacturer, selling and marketing Philips branded TVs around the Globe. The TPV Group has been able to drive its growth over the years competencies in R&D, manufacturing, logistic efficiency and quality. TP Vision employs close to 2,000 people in several locations around the globe.