London, March 2016 – Experience the ultimate immersive viewing experience at Harrods this spring, with the launch of the Phillips AmbiLux system, which frees images from the boundaries of the television set, extending light and motion as never before.
The award-winning Philips Ambilight system uses rows of LEDs mounted on the rear of the TV to create a coloured halo of light on the wall behind the TV. The colours precisely match the on-screen content to create the impression of a much larger image and to provide a more enjoyable viewing experience.
The AmbiLux takes this technology to a whole new level, allowing a concept which began as a dream to become reality. Actual images can now be extended onto the surroundings of the set by using nine pico-projectors, each precisely positioned on the rear of the AmbiLux TV. The Philips AmbiLux 4K Ultra HD TV has four times the resolution of a conventional Full HD TV and the unique Ultra Resolution upscaling technology ensures that all images, regardless of the original source, are reproduced in stunning 4K resolution on your screen.
The AmbiLux is beautifully engineered to maintain a razor-slim, elegant form. European design and authentic, premium materials ensure a high quality finish with the ultra-narrow bezel achieving a seamless connection to the Ambilight halo, and the polished chrome Bladewire stand creating a light, floating appearance. The sophisticated design allows the AmbiLux to effortlessly enhance even the most stylish of interiors.
- Revolutionary Philips AmbiLux system frees the image from the television and brings the screen’s action to life on the wall, surrounding the TV.
- Ambilight moves up to the next level thanks to nine rear mounted pico-projectors extending the on-screen image in great detail and contrast
- TV features an ultra-narrow bezel to ensure the sharp, detailed 4K Ultra HD image seamlessly connects with the AmbiLux projection effect, providing a totally immersive TV experience never seen before.
- The Philips AmbiLux TV is powered by Android TV TM and certified by Google, giving access to all TV orientated apps, services, and content in the Google Play Store while also complementing the existing Philips Smart TV offering. Effortless operation and fast navigation is possible thanks to powerful Hex Core processing and an advanced remote control with QWERTY keyboard, swipe pad and speech recognition technology.
- The AmbiLux experience also brings a new dimension to gaming with the 8901 featuring a special dedicated game mode which both reduces processing lag within the set to the bare minimum – for instant in-game response – while maintaining smooth, judder free motion. Whether playing directly from a console or console quality games – from leading companies such as Gamefly, Chillingo and Gameloft – all streamed from the cloud via Philips Android TV platform, the 8901 adds a special, more dynamic and intense Ambilight performance, to take immersive game playing to whole new level.
- Integration with the popular Philips Hue Smart Lighting takes Ambilight even further by providing a whole room experience for total 360° immersion.N.B. The content in the news releases is accurate at the time of publication but may be subject to change without notice. All trademarks mentioned in this news release are the property of their respective owners. Google, Android and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.