|About TPV Technology|
TPV Technology is an internationally-renowned PC monitor, TV and Digital Signage Displays manufacturer. TPV serves as an original design manufacturer for some of the best-known TV , PC and Digital Signage Displays brands in the industry and distributes its products worldwide under its own brands AOC and Envision. In addition, the company designs, produces and sells Philips-branded monitors, TV's and AVA products, Digital Signage Displays and mobile phones through a license agreement with Philips via its subsidiaries TP Vision and MMD. As an example, the company brings high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. TPV believes in creating products that touch the human senses and are within reach of all consumers in the markets they operate in. As a leader in the hotel industry, their hospitality TV division serves most the world's major international and national hotel groups, as well as individual hotels, hospitals, cruises and other professional facilities.
|About TP Vision|
TP Vision is a consumer electronics key player in the world of audio visual digital entertainment. TP Vision concentrates on developing, manufacturing and marketing Philips branded TV sets (Europe, Russia, Middle East, South America, India and selected countries in Asia-Pacific) and audio products (all around the Globe). We do this by combining the innovative Philips brand heritage with our design expertise, operational excellence, flexibility and speed of TPV Technology. With these combined strengths, we bring high-quality TV sets to the market: smart and easy to use with sophisticated styling. We believe in creating products that offer a superior audio and visual experience for consumers. With Philips TVs, TP Vision is a global leader in the hospitality market. TP Vision is the exclusive brand licensee of Philips TVs for the above listed countries and, on the global stage for the Philips audio products.TP Vision employs close to 2,000 people in several locations around the globe and is 100% owned by TPV, one of the world’s leading monitor and LCD TV manufacturers, selling and marketing Philips branded TVs in China. TPV has been able to drive its growth over the years by leveraging its economies of scale and core competencies in R&D, manufacturing, logistic efficiency and quality.
|Purpose Of The Position|
The accounting manager is a pivotal role to further approve the existing accounting processes to assure that the organization will be ready to support further growth of the business. The role is therefore instrumental in further establishing a world class organization from an accounting and compliance point of view.
You will significantly contribute to the success of company through the setting and delivery of key initiatives, active leadership of people, build best in class processes and the governance of the company’s financial reporting and compliance requirements.
The success is dependent on the ability to work effectively and collaboratively across the company with all functions, and to put the needs of the company and the customer first.
You will be reporting to the Head of Finance SSC and your work location will be Gorzów Wielkopolski, Lubuskie, Poland.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction in the core areas of general accounting including consolidations, internal controls, and compliance
- Lead the accounting team (12 heads) in Poland and be part of a self-managing team in a group of accounting leaders in Europe
- Lead continuous improvement efforts within the accounting department, with the objective of establishing "world-class" capabilities, processes and people. This includes standardizing and harmonizing the processes
- Recruit, retain and develop key accounting staff
- Lead and improve the month end close process including balance sheet reviews and spot checks across the business driving improvements in controls and general balance sheet hygiene
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Lead monthly review cycles of the results with the business controllership department in line with the company’s operating model
- Further improve the internal and external monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages
- Building relationship with relevant internal and external stakeholders of the accounting and control organization
- Assure the operating effectiveness of the internal controls, including the resolution of control issues and findings
- Collaborate with Global and Local teams to maintain (and optimize) the Internal Control framework; including upholding the control standards, and development of instructions and guidance
- Coordinate and lead the PwC audit for the general accounting area, and potentially internal audits
- Assist the SSC leader with other ad hoc projects
- Ability to work without appreciable direction on assigned projects/programs and day- to-day operations
- Drive and determining objectives of assignments
- Provide input to other organizations in the development of new procedures or enhancement of current processes
- Provide feedback to group of experienced individuals on performance improvement and monitor performance improvement plans as necessary
Problem Solving/Judgment and Decision Making:
- Work on complex problems where analysis and/or situations require in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and evaluation of criteria for obtaining resolutions
- Anticipate future events and situations that are likely to affect the business model and direction. Must be able to establish a plan to handle these events and situations so that they do not negatively impact cost and the business model
- Provide information, assistance, and recommendations, which are, used in the management decision-making processes. Erroneous decisions have serious impact on sales revenue and may jeopardize overall success of the business
- Analyze certain situations and make decisions following broadly defined practices and policies.
|What Do We Offer You|
- A new and fulltime position based in Gorzów Wielkopolski in Poland, surrounded by great culture, nature and close to the city of Berlin
- Competitive rewards
- An interesting, growing, dynamic, challenging, and fast-moving working environment
|Education And Related Experience|
- 4+ years of experience in identical roles
- 8+ years audit experience, preferable at a big four
- A master degree in accounting or finance, and a CPA degree
- Preferable multinational, consumer product industry experience
- Excellent IFRS Knowledge
- Cultural awareness
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on stress and able to make deadlines
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Hand on, and self-starter
- Team player
- A critical and analytical mindset, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Proactive, dynamic and autonomous professional
- Methodical, disciplined, structured and ethical
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Drive for problem solving
- Comfortable with and willing to adapt in a growth environment
- Interest in and caring about the development of employees
If you enjoy working with knowledgeable, energetic and success-oriented people, for a company that both challenges and respects its professionals, and you've got what it takes to be a great Accounting Manager, apply now! Please contact Tomasz Jeziorkowski (HR Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org (include your CV and a short motivation).
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy posting is not appreciated.